PDA

View Full Version : Fishing from the shore at Inanda dam?

calabash
07-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Greetings
Will be spending two weeks on contract at Inanda dam. Any suggestions regarding where to fish from the shore while I am there?
Thanks

Jezboy
07-03-2011, 11:46 AM
There are only 2 main areas that you can fish from the side at Inanda. First being the day visitors area where the 3 main slipways are. Then the whole of the camping area. I have fished from the side from many other areas such as the wall and taxi bay but I wouldn't leave the Msinsi area as it is just not safe. What is you contract and will you be staying at the dam it self.

Merv 4
07-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Hi Calabash,

When you coming down, sure we can make some space for you on the boat if we going out.
Personally have seen people pull some good fish of the banks inside the Msinsi area, there are some really nice weed beds and lots of reeds.

calabash
09-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Jezboy: I am doing community dev work out here and we are pretty safe.

Spent today marking out mountain bike trails and had bloody bass jumping all around us. Did not even have time to fish. Will take the rods tomorrow incase there is a break in the day.

Merv 4: The reed beds are awesome from the shore. Will give it a bash tomorrow and give feedback. Thanks for the boat offer. I will be here for another couple of weeks cutting trail for the mountain bike championships. PLEASE pm me a few days in advance if you are heading out on the boat

Jezboy
10-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Jezboy: I am doing community dev work out here and we are pretty safe.

Glad to hear that, so many people are paranoid about that valley but I have never had a problem. I even know some of the locals and have been helped when my wheel bearing disintegrated.

calabash
10-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Still did not get to cast a line today but tomorrow is on!
Have marked waypoints where there is a lot of bass activity.
Will get pics if there are bites

madporra
16-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Pls put this in the correct section, thanks

calabash
23-03-2011, 11:31 AM
And which section would that be?

calabash
23-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Could some lovely fish while spending time at the dam.
The biggest been 2.7kg

Jezboy
23-03-2011, 11:37 AM
What part of the dam did you fish, any pics?

calabash
23-03-2011, 12:00 PM
I fished all around the dam because we layed bicycle trail round the dam. The biggest fish I caught were from the dam wall!
Where should I post pics?

Jezboy
23-03-2011, 12:51 PM
After clicking the reply tab there is a small insert image button.

I have noticed that before the dam wall on the left they have cleared out a lot of trees and ringed a few trees almost looks like they are clearing a camp area. Any idea what that's all about. I have lots of mates who ride MT bikes in the valley and I'm sure they will enjoy your trails.

calabash
23-03-2011, 12:54 PM
I have no idea!
We did however build a trail centre about 3km E of the wall.