Creating Dam Outline Maps:-
1. Create a folder on your desktop that can be easily found and call it FishTec for example. This is now your KNOWN folder.
2. Download and run / load the FREE program Google Earth 5 (17/09/2009) Google Earth
3. Start program
4. Find the dam you wish to create an outline of and zoom in to a point of the dam where you wish to start. For excellent detail, make sure your ‘Eye Altitude’ is no more than 1000ft.
5. Under My Places in the SideBar - create a new folder and Name it – Inanda Dam for example
6. Make sure that this folder is highlighted then go to Add Path.
7. Using the ‘Add Path’ button, start creating an outline of the dam. While zoomed in, use your direction / cursor keys to move the map left, right, up and down. **TIP** If you make a mistake, simply place your pointer on the line and right click until the mistake has been removed.